Thursday, March 16, 2017
9:00 AM -1:00 PM
Registration & Coffee
Presentation: Strategies to Manage Regulatory Change and Compliance Risk- French Caldwell , Chief Evangelist, MetricStream
We have seen the role of business units evolve when it comes to managing regulatory change and compliance risk. As a key component of managing regulatory change, the responsibility of compliance control testing has been gradually moving out of the role of the third line of defense to the business owners themselves. For this, they need to be aptly supported by mature processes and technology. In this session we will discuss:
- Critical components of a successful and systematic regulatory change management framework
- How organizations can ensure their compliance controls are effective and designed correctly
- The regulatory intelligence metrics that matter
- Integrating regulatory change management into the overall GRC strategy
Panel Discussion : Evolving Role of the Auditor
Today’s internal auditors are expected to do more – to provide assurance on a range of new and emerging risks, while also delivering timely insights to guide key strategic decisions. In this session, the speakers will talk about the changing expectations and priorities and the skillsets required to manage the same.
- The changing role of CAE : Core responsibilities before and now.
- Risk management continues to be the top challenge for all the organizations. What should be the top 5 priorities for all in this new year.
- Skill sets that are required to meet new / changing responsibilities and challenges
- Best practices for internal auditors to successfully meet stakeholder expectations, and drive exceptional business performance in their organizations
Networking & Lunch
MetricStream Special Interest Group Meeting on Internal Audit (Customer Only Session)